Teachers to rally against extra duties
Teachers have criticised the Punjab school education department for assigning them various additional duties without resolving their problems including a raise in salaries.
Schoolteachers under the banner of Punjab Teachers Union and Joint Action Committee have announced a demonstration and a hunger strike camp in front of Punjab Assembly on Thursday (today).
In a statement issued here on Wednesday,PTU and JAC leaders Rana Muhammad Arshad, Rana Liaquat Ali, Syed Sajjad Akbar Kazmi and others stated that teachers were being deputed to administer anti-polio vaccination drops to children, census duty, bringing out-of-school children to schools and examination task.
These duties, they said, resulted in poor performance of their students in examinations and then teachers were held responsible for it.
They said the Punjab school education department had failed to fully implement the teachers’ package and teachers serving in Lahore were not being given big city allowance while in-service promotion of quota under the four-tier formula was not being implemented. They also alleged that teachers were also being denied salaries in different districts.
Source: Dawn News
- Colleges chain, ‘booti mafia’ managed protests, panel told
- 500 teachers get upgradation from grade 9 to 14
- Only female staff to be appointed at girls colleges
- Teachers demand release of benevolent fund
- Protesting teachers detained
- University teachers threaten to go on strike
- Saudi teachers stage rare Riyadh protest
- HEC confers best teachers award on 46 faculty members
- Teachers demand steps for recovery of VC
- World Teachers Day Oct 5