FUUAST to hold international conference on 14th
Laboratory of Dendrochronology and Plant Ecology, Department of Botany, Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology (FUUAST), Karachi is organising the 2nd International Science Conference and workshop on Dendrochronology from Nov 14 to November 19, 2010.
Federal Minister of Science and Technology Dr Muhammad Azam Khan Swati has accepted to be the chief guest of this event. According to organisers, Professor Dr Moinuddin Ahmed, the main purpose of this event is to familiarise the students with this applied and rapidly growing branch in addition to the researchers, general public, policy makers and specially those organisations, NGO’S, Govt. Dept. and research organisation that are involved in environment, forestry and water planning.
The main focus during the event will be on the exploration of the past (300 to 500 years) flow of Indus River. In modern days, it is a scientific fact that no reliable water planning is possible without using Dendrochronological techniques. Developed countries, including India are rapidly adopting this methodology and providing scientific water planning. Dr Ahmed said that they had offered WAPDA to provide free transfer of technology if they assign at least two young associates.
- Two Days Conference on Mathematical Sciences (TCMS-2012) at IIU
- UAF to organize chemistry conference from 21st
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DIABETES,2011
- FUUAST announces new date for postponed paper
- International Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (ICEES–2011)
- Admissions to BS, Masters programme at FUUAST
- PU Education Conference on Oct 21