Education should be accorded priority: VC KU
Education should be accorded its due priority. This was stressed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Karachi, Prof. Dr. Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui.
He was speaking as chief guest at the annual gathering of Unikarians- an organization of the old students of University of Karachi.
Prof. Siddiqui emphasized that the academic culture should be fostered in our society.
He was of the view that without excelling in the realms of education the country cannot make headway in the comity of nations.
The Vice-Chancellor said that the solution of our problems lies in promotion of education.
He also lauded the contributions of Unikarians towards the cause of education.
Prof. Siddiqui also called for a closer liaison between the old students and their alma mater.
Eminent educationalist and Rector of Usman Institute of technology, Prof. Dr. Manzoor Ahmed, presented the keynote address on the occasion.
He said that the role of the universities is creation of knowledge and promotion of research.
Prof. Manzoor was of the view that it seems that the universities have confined their role to mere issuance of degrees.
He stressed that the culture of research should be fostered at the institutions of higher learning.
The president of Unikarians, Muhammad Iqbal Khan, presented the welcome address.
The General Secretary of Unikarians, Syed Mansoor Naqvi, appraised the gathering of the performance of the organization.
- KU Admissions for 2011-2012
- Karachi University convocation 2011
- KU announces examination dates ,2011
- MS/MPhil/PhD Admissions for 2011 at University of Karachi
- University of Karachi announces MA IR results
- Grading system for BS students at Karachi University
- MBA Banking admissions at KU Business School
- KU admissions issue under sports quota
- KU expels two students on kidnapping charges
- Karachi University MBBS & MA (Final) external results