CIIT Endowment Fund launched a scholarship programme to enable students from less advantaged families to get higher education at the Institute. Award of scholarships would be on the basis of Financial Need, Academics and desire to seek knowledge to contribute to society by providing service to improve the lives of others. Submit the duly filled in scholarship application form to the office of Development latest by 16th July, 2011.
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Endowment Fund (CIITEF) Scholarship
- CIITEF Scholarship shall be provided to students whose families can’t afford to pay cost of higher education.
- Scholarship shall be provided regardless of colour, caste, creed, religion, nationality and gender.
- The financial support will cover total fee for 8 -10 semesters depending upon the duration of degree. The selected students shall have to pay small amount (one time charges) only at time of admission. Institute will not pay the cost of living of awardees.
- A student once awarded the scholarship, shall be provided support for remaining semesters of the degree only if he/she maintains GPA/CGPA 3.0 and above, does not indulge in any activity that is contradictory to the aims and objectives of the institute and the Law of land.
- Financial Support Committee constituted at campuses shall recommend the names of students, based on the specified selection criteria, to Office of Development for the award of financial support.
- In case, the number of applicants exceeds the number of available awards, the applicants securing highest marks on the selection criteria table shall be recommended for the award of the support.
- If two or more students obtain the similar position on score table, the senior in age would be awarded the scholarship.
- The amount of financial support will be paid directly to the accounts office of concerned campus through a crossed cheque.
- It will be mandatory for the awardees to submit progress report of each semester,duly signed by their Head of Department, to the office of CIIT’s Endowment Fund.
- To remain on the CIITEF Scholarship, students must meet both quantitative and qualitative measures of academic progress as required by CIIT. The students failing to maintain satisfactory progress shall be placed on probation.
- In case the financial support is suspended, the same can be revived for the next semester provided the student manages to attain minimum standard in the semester for which he was deprived of the support.
- An appeal against any decision of the Financial Support Committee lies with the Campus Director. Any student aggrieved with the decision of FSC can prefer a written appeal to be submitted to the Campus Director within 14 days from the date on which the decision was communicated to him/her.
- Should have passed his/her Matric and Intermediate examination with 70 % or above marks.
- Should be interested to get education at any of the seven campuses of CIIT in undergraduate programmes offered Fall 2011semester
Procedure to apply
- A prescribed application form will be available at all the campuses and website of the Institute www.ciit.edu.pk
- Interested candidates may download the application from from website or may collect hard copy from office of Incharge Students Affairs. Students may use the photocopy of the form.
- Properly filled in applications may be submitted at the address given at the application form along with attested copies of documents.
- Campus Financial Support Committees will interview the candidates, shortlisted by the Office of development, at each campus. Candidates on the top of score table shall be recommended to the Chairman of the Management Committee of the Fund, through Office of Development, for final approval of the award.
- Selected candidates would be informed through a letter for the award of financial
Application form download